After school, I had a meeting to discuss a delicate student issue. I cried multiple times because there isn’t more I can do except love and pray.
It was a rough day! To help me get through, I decided to write this and include a gratitude list in hopes I can let go of the stress and focus on the positives.
- My husband: He loves me no matter what. He also gives great hugs and makes me laugh.
- My cat: He sits in my lap and gives me that pressure like a weighted blanket which calms me.
- My dog: She is crazy and encourages me to play with her which makes me smile.
- Students who give me hugs
- Students who ask for help and then listen
- Retweets and replies on Twitter
- Connecting with former colleagues and getting support from them!
- Not having cable or satellite television
- Quiet moments
- Having dinner made for me when I get home
- Colleagues who are friends
- Pie in Pu Day
- Chips and salsa
What would you add? How do you cope with stress as a teacher?