Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Beach Break #SOL

We arrived yesterday. 14 people in all. It was cloudy and cold and so windy. We still put  our feet in the water but then we ran back to the car to warm up. Okay, let’s be honest...I didn’t run, I never run, I didn’t even walk fast, but I tried to.  We ate, we drank, we laughed, we played games. It was fabulous.

This morning I was up for the sunrise. My husband got up with me, as did one of his sisters. We made coffee and hoped for the best as it was cloudy. At first, it was nothing. Just a reddish shadow behind the clouds. But once it stretched above them, it was gorgeous! (We used our “fancy” camera so I can’t share any with you yet, but I will when we get home!)

I just got in from some relaxing beach time. I almost got knocked over when an unexpectedly giant wave crashed onto the shore. I managed to stay upright and got wet just to my knees. I spent time reading and soaking up the sun while friends back home are stuck in 11 degree weather and digging out driveways from another snowstorm. I am now rubbing aloe on my face, legs, arms, and chest.   This is just what I’ve needed!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delightful. Soak it all up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, enjoy this time away, Wendy! I could use a beach vacation right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great time "away." Away from the things you need a break from and time to do what you want to do! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete