Saturday, March 10, 2018

Saturday for me #SOL2018 March 10





Sitting on my couch and all I can hear are the wind chimes we bought in Jamaica on our honeymoon nearly 4 years ago and our year old puppy snoring slightly. Wearing sweats and sipping coffee are how I choose to spend my day today. I just want to spend time in the quiet so the tv is off, no music comes from Alexa, and my husband is gone for awhile. I am alone with my thoughts.

Outside it is snowing sideways again. Such a change from yesterday's 55 degree high. I look around and see piles of laundry to wash and fold (I wish clothes folded themselves), piles of jewelry to put away (I take off my pretties when I cook), and piles of writing assessments to score (I wish we didn't have to rate student writing). I know I can't sit and no nothing all day, but it sure would be nice. For now, though, I will relish the silence around me, sip my coffee, and pretend the wind I hear and white I see are ocean breezes and sandy beaches.

3 comments:

  1. The quiet. Enjoy that! The other thugs will get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silence, quiet and the peace. May you find more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sometimes quite and inactivity is what we need.

    ReplyDelete