Thursday, March 15, 2018

Let's Party #SOL18 March 15

On the first day of March, another Slicer (@Teachr4) posted a party invitation and today I am accepting her invitation! I just don't have any good ideas in my head tonight.

For her party, she invited everyone but there is a catch: You have to bring five items with you-favorite book, favorite person, favorite food/beverage, favorite song, and a surprise.

Favorite Book: Too many to choose from! My all-time favorite book from fourth grade until the summer of 2017 had been From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. However, this summer, I read Swing Sideways by Nancy Turner Steveson and it is now my favorite. So touching and funny and just amazing!

Favorite Person: My husband! He makes me laugh and smile and has made me a better person. He is a great cook and is much more adventurous and fun than I am. He is also quite handsome!

Favorite Food/Beverage:  Popcorn and wine. The popcorn has to be what my mom makes because it is so good! She uses an old pressure cooker, melts Crisco, and then pops the popcorn. She also adds melted butter to the popcorn and some salt. It is delicious! The wine can be anything. I'm not that picky. Good wine is good wine!

Favorite Song: I don't know if I have a favorite song. One that always makes me smile and sing is "You're the One That I Want" by John Travolta and Olive Newton John. Grease is one of my favorite moves and that song just makes me happy!

Surprise: Cameras! I love taking pictures! Having snapshots to use for memories and to use for writing ideas would be great.

Thanks, @Teachr4 for this fun idea!

6 comments:

  1. I remember reading a post like this and I couldn't find it again. This is such a fun way to write when you think you don't have anything to say. I will be saving this idea now to add to my bag of tricks. And you're right - good wine is good wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your choices ring with happiness. Fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it’s neat that one of your favorite books is one that you read as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swing Sideways is an amazing book and so is Nanci, the author! And if your husband can or will cook, then bring him! That leaves more time for us to laugh and have a great time! Thank you for attending the party - if only this could happen in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read Swing Sideways now.

    Thanks for joining the party. It is so hard to choose a favorite book ya?

    Best wishes.

    Purviben
    @TrivediZiemba

    ReplyDelete